A brief overview of 2016
Another year comes to an end. 2016 was another year with many challenges. The economic crisis in Greece is still prevailing but this does not discourage young entrepreneurs and startuppers to come up with new innovative business ideas and try to put them to the market. Business Angels play an ever increasingly important role in this process providing their own money, experience and networking to help support the entrepreneurial ecosystem, economic growth and new jobs.
HeBAN’s was founded to advocate growth by fostering the creation of a sustainable Business Angels network in Greece and establish early stage investment as an asset class in the country. In the pursuit of that goal we have organized and participated in a number of successful events in 2016, such as:
- StartTech Ventures’ Demo Day in Athens on January 28
- World Business Angels Forum in Istanbul on February 21-23
- Innovation ID conference in Thessaloniki on April 19
- EBAN’s annual congress 2016 – Scale up for Europe in Porto on May 25-27
- European Summer Academy on Technology & Entrepreneurship in Thessaloniki on July 4-15
- Business Angels & Startups Opportunities workshop in Thessaloniki on July 14
- Business Angels Forum III in Thessaloniki on November 1
- EBAN Winter University 2016 in Zagreb on November 29 -30
We are looking forward to many new activities and opportunities in 2017.
We wish you a happy holiday season, a Merry Christmas and a prosperous and productive Happy New Year!!!